Whether you’re shopping for the runner in your life or looking for ideas for your personal holiday wish list, check out these 6 presents for your favourite pavement pounder. These items will help you perform better, recover faster, and celebrate every run.
As a runner, what do you covet most? What have I left off the list? Let me know in the comment section below. Happy holidays.
1. Jabra Sport Pulse wireless ear buds. It’s a wireless headset that’s also an all-in-one fitness trainer. The Pulse wireless headphones by Jabra feature a clinical grade in-ear heart rate monitor and audio coaching with the included Jabra Sport LIFE smartphone app. Equipped with Bluetooth 4.0, these headphones have a built-in mic, are lightweight, and have ear clips for a secure fit. Available in store at Best Buy and online. $249.99
2. NB Heat Hoodie. When your favourite runner is diving deep into the cold, this scuba-inspired women’s hoodie is their best friend. The shaped hood fits closely and covering the mouth for coziness they won’t have to constantly adjust. And thumbhole cuffs add even more warmth. Available in store at New Balance and online. $89.99
3. Restore by Gaiam Muscle Therapy Foam Roller. Loosens tight, knotted muscles, and improve your favourite runners flexibility with Gaiam’s durable high density foam deep massage 36″ high-density Foam Roller. Available online. $49.99
4. Tiux Graduated Compression Socks. Train harder and keep your favourite runners legs energized with Tiux Performance Compression Socks. Engineered to help runners improve performance, reduce muscle fatigue and recover faster. Available online. $35.00
5. Massage. What runner doesn’t love a post long run massage. Massage therapy treatment has a therapeutic effect on the body and optimizes health and well being by acting on the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems. Available for purchase online, check out my friends at The Health Loft. $59 for 30 min – $144 for 90 minutes.
6. Race Registration. Race fees can add up, why not support your runner in their habit for healthy, active living by picking up the tab on one or two races. Canada Running Series even offer a multi event pack where you will save by registering for more than one race and gift cards! Available online. $50-$115 per race.