Whether you’re a brand new runner or a devoted km warrior there are plenty of ways working with a running coach will improve your running and up your 2019 race game to the next level. As a Tribe this has been something we’ve considered doing for a while and I am so excited for us to team up with Michael Liberzon of X3 Training to help you become a stronger runner and chase down those goals.
Not sure whether a running coach is for you? Here are a few reason why it is – and more details on our Tribe Performance Race Team below.
1. Determine Your Proper Volume.One of the toughest things for any runner (new or old) is determining the proper amount of volume. Too much can have you injured and sidelined before you even hit the start line and too little can have you under prepared and regretting your life choices come race day. Many variables go into this equation (e.g., your goal, experience running, history of injury/health) and your coach will help you decipher them all and on an ongoing basis too.
2. Push Your Pace (or Don’t). Are your tempo runs to slow? Are your long runs to fast? Do you even know what I’m talking about? Well your run coach will take the guess work out of your workout paces and get you ready for race day based on your current level of fitness and goals for your race. Your pace is always evolving and your coach is here for you, helping you take your workouts to the next level – in a safe and controlled way.
3. It’s More Than Just Running.Running to race is more than just tying on your shoes and heading out the door. We approach running from a holistic perspective, so not only will your coach help your running performance, but they are here to answer invaluable advice on strength training, your mental game, workout nutrition, and pre- and post- race day procedures, as well as anything else you might need to toe the start line when it comes to running and race day procedures.
Introducing the Tribe Performance Race Team
Tribe Performance Race Team is an in person coached group training program suitable for both beginners and experienced runners looking to chase down goals from 5km to marathon distances. The program is group coaching designed to help you get faster and
learn proper training techniques from our certified coaches. All paces and experience levels are invited.
Basic Membership Plan option
- Two weekly
Tribe Performance Race Team coached team workouts at 7pm every Tuesday starting at Tribe and Thursday at Monarch Park at 7pm (additional track fees apply).
- General team training plan for either beginner, 5km/10km, Half Marathon, Marathon.
- 3 classes of runner’s choice monthly at Tribe to support training. Classes cannot be accumulated and will expire at end of month if not used.
- Membership is minimum of 3 months commitment.
- Members receive 10% of Tribe gear and accessories.
- Access to a private Facebook messaging group.
- Winter session starts
Tuesday January 8th, 7pm from Tribe.