With Christmas just around the corner, here are six ideas to help you gear up, outfit, and accessorize your favorite female triathlete (or yourself) this holiday season.
As a triathlete, what do you covet most? What have I left off the list? Let me know in the comment section below. Happy holidays.
- SpeedoUSA. The Speedo Elastomeric Cap is the first silicone swim cap specifically designed for fitness swimmers. Elastomeric caps offer greater elasticity and increased ease of stretch (as in won’t give you a headache during a longer swim) with a softer silicone compound than traditional performance caps. It contains a micro grid texture on the inside of the cap which provides more comfort with less snagging and pulling of hair (yippie!). They have may cute prints – but this is one is purrrrfect to get ready for your next race. Available online. $14.99 USD. .
- Garden Party ISM Adamo Prologue Saddle. Betty Designs. Betty took her inspiration from runway fashion to put a spin on the current floral trend. The result is a seat with touches of feminine flair in black and white to match whatever frame you ride. TECH SPECS: The Prologue builds on the success of the Podium and Breakaway. ISM’s design team kept the longer length and narrower hamstring section to allow for more forward and rearward body movement. We also integrated the sloped front arms to cut down on superficial chaffing on the inner thigh. The biggest change is they added more foam and gel padding to soften the ride. Great for distance cycling and triathlon. Cr-mo rails. 270mm long and 135mm wide. Available online. $189 USD.
- Get a Coach! X3 Training. For the traithlete who is looking to take one part, or all three, of their racing to the next level – hire a professional! I’ve worked with Michael in the past for cycling and know a number of athletes who have reached the big BQ (Boston Qualifier) under his coaching. Whether it’s off season fun, or regular season work – check him out! Prices vary on program.
- Race Entry. Toronto Triathlon Festival. I’ve blogged about TTF before, as well as how race entries make great gifts – well with TTF your athlete gets double the present when you sign them up (with their permission) before December 25 as they will also qualify for TTF Gold Member status (which means lots of great bonus swag and it will save you a few bucks too!) Read about why you should choose TTF here! Available online. $108-$130 CAD
- Fresh Foam Zante. New Balance. Personal bests are meant to be broken. Help your triathlete break theirs with the all-new Fresh Foam Zante – 2015 road shoe of the year. This shoe has carried me through hundreds of training kms and the Paris marathon – and it’s definitely a favourite shoe of mine. Featuring an impossibly smooth heel-to-toe transition and an explosive toe spring for an overall faster ride, the Zante gives your triathlete the opportunity to turn personal bests into personal betters. Available in various stores around the GTA and online. $129.99 CAD
- 2016 SIDI Buvel Women’s Fuchsia cycling shoe. Lickbike.com. So many reasons why this shoe is on my list – but I think the first is very obvious (it’s pink!!). It’s also a less expensive version of another shoe I’ve fallen in love with. Lickbike will ship to Canada, so if you’re wondering the source, that’s why. TECH SPECS: : New for 2016, the SIDI Buvel MTB shoes are the absolute favorite for cross-country, mountain bikers, racers and adventurer seekers – I race triathlon in mountain bike shoes (the clip is embedded so for me they are easier to run in). European handcrafted quality that keeps on performing season after season offering superb comfort. The shoe features a Caliper Buckle two-way ratchet for easy on-bike adjustment with incremental tightening and loosening. Soft Instep Closure System and padded tongue eliminate pressure points. High Security Velcro won’t shift or slip. SIDI Competition Sole. Made in ITALY. Guaranteed for 1 YEAR. Available online. $199.88 USD.