I am very excited to share that this upcoming race season I have teamed up with the Toronto Triathlon Festival, an epic race celebration of the ultimate challenge of human endurance and tenacity in downtown Toronto, as their Director of Ambassadors. So not only do I get to share excitement around this awesome race with you, I get to lead their team of inspiring and passionate ambassador athletes who love triathlon and TTF as much as I do!
If you’ve never done triathlon before, but are ready to take the plunge – this is your race! Here’s why:
- It’s Downtown: On Sunday, July 10, 2016, athletes will experience a uniquely urban triathlon on the downtown highways of Canada’s largest city. We swim by Ontario Place, ride the gentle rollers of the Gardiner, and run along the Toronto Waterfront Trail, finishing at Coronation Park. If you love Toronto as much as I do, this race is for you!
- Distances for Everyone:There are four different ways to take part in this years TTF, and if you aren’t a swimmer, this year, TTF will match you with a teammate to help you rock the relay. Here are the four race options:
- Olympic Distance (1,500 metre swim, 40 km bike, 10 km run)
- Sprint Distance (750 metre swim, 20 km bike, 5 km run)
- Olympic Distance Relay (teams of 2 or 3 compete relay-style, each completing a leg of the triathlon)
- Sprint Distance Relay (teams of 2 or 3 compete relay-style, each completing a leg of the triathlon)
- All That Glitters is TTF Gold: If you register before December 31, you will become a valued TTF Gold Member and receive exclusive benefits. These include: bonus limited edition swag, your favourite Canadian endurance magazine, invitation to an exclusive event with Olympic Champion, Simon Whitfield, random draws for a monthly TTF prizes, Fast Track Race Packet Pickup during the 2016 TTF race weekend, and 10% discount on your 2016 TTF registration entry fee.
The TTF is a celebration of athleticism at its finest bringing together avid triathletes with those just beginning their journey in a supportive environment that celebrates healthy living and active lifestyles. For more information and to register click here.
One thought on “Time To Try A Tri?”