January has been a great month professionally and I’ve loved the start I’ve had to 2013. I just wanted to highlight some of my 2013 successes related to my goals and intentions and some other cool things that have gone done so far.
- On January 2nd, I had my first segment as the fitness expert on CHCH Morning Live. I was nervous leading up to the morning, the 6minutes flew by, and when I was done and got to watch it I was so happy with how it went – luckily CHCH was as well, and my second segment has been booked for Feb 4th.
- The second week of January my wonderful two year stint as a run ambassador with the Queen St. West lululemon came to an end and the opportunity to stay on until a successor was found was offered, and of course as I move into an alumni position I’m very happy to continue to support my lulu family and the Toronto run community.
- Mid January I accepted a contract with GrandFondo Niagara Falls as an official blogger for the 125km cycling race. I’m nervous for the race, but excited for the opportunity to share the experience and to challenge myself and move from my indoor cycling bike to the road!
- I registered for the lululemon SeaWheeze half marathon – woot!
- I booked my first interview with Canadian Running Magazine which will take place on Feb 7th and be on the topic of yoga for runners.
- I was asked by BeachBody Canada to do a blog review on Insanity. I’ve wanted to try it for a couple years know, so loved this offer and couldn’t say no!
- I was hired to teach indoor cycling at the Toronto Shangri-La Hotel
2013 Goals Status:
Here’s a little update on some of my 2013 goals.
- I registered for my 2 2013 Full Marathons! The Goodlife Marathon & Road2Hope, with a Boston Qualifier hopefully coming at Road2Hope!
- One of my goals for 2013 was to continue to blog on a month basis, which I’ve done! And I’ve certainly been feeling the love from the twitterverse as well.
- I also learned the name of “Grasshopper pose” (Thanks Vince) and am working on it!
- Connected to SeaWheeze Mark and I are hoping to tack on an Alaskan Cruise before.
- I received a really great looking healthy eating magazine for Christmas (thanks Santa) and had all intentions of sticking to my 1 new recipe a week, but it hasn’t happened – yet!
- While I’ve certainly been doing my yoga and cycling I haven’t been getting in quality full body strength training, so will work on that with my new Insanity
- I have found a new physiotherapist and things seem to be going well, so hoping the hip will be back to normal soon.
- I continue to write H&PE related content for work, and it looks to be moving into a busy part of the year, so I have no doubt I’ll get three more resources added to my writing portfolio
My 2013 Mantra: “I am fearless, I am dedicated, I am blissful, I am blessed”