I love my summer vacation; I am grateful for the time off and love getting active outdoors. It’s a time to rest, reflect, and reset for the upcoming school year. In order to use last summer (2011) to the fullest I created a list of 10 intentions – 10 things that were a must to do that summer. They included activities with family, friends, and new fitness adventures. It worked out great and I had a lot of fun! Setting these intentions challenged me to continue to set goals, to try something new, and it encouraged me use my time off effectively.
Summer 2012 is here, and it’s time again to create that detailed vision for my ideal summer. Here is draft #1. Hopefully it inspires you to check in, get it done, and have lots of fun while doing it.
Here is my summer 2012 Top 12 To-Dos!
- Stand up paddleboard once a week with Supgirlz
- In August complete my own 30 day yoga challenge at 889yoga at theThompson
- Go on 2 kayak adventures with my dad
- Continue to build my blog posting at least twice a week
- For July continue to put a priority on my Master’s (I only have class in July)
- Try at least two new fitness trends – Barreworks and another TBD
- Race two more triathlons this season – Toronto Triathlon Festival and the Toronto Island Triathlon
- Put a fitness priority on my Triathlon/Marathon training, including coming to Hamilton to train with my NYC marathon crew
- Participate in fitness professional learning – RealRyder training at CanFitPro
- Getting my workouts done during the day, so when the family is home I can tune in and be present.
- Create a buisness plan for what my own fitness business would look like
- Develop my health and phy.ed. teacher web series – 30 videos in 30 days